The Tacoma Open Group for Microcomputers is organized exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes,
benefiting their membership.
Specifically this organization is established to:
- provide a forum for communicating ideas, resolving problems and increasing the effectiveness of users and owners of microcomputers, their related software and peripheral equipment;
- educate our membership, computer users everywhere, and the general public concerning the advantages and disadvantages of owning and using microcomputers;
- encourage the creation, modification, maintenance, duplication and distribution of public domain software by members of the organization;
In furtherance of these purposes we:
- Publish a monthly newsletter, the TOGGLE, which contains articles of interest at all levels of computer related Subjects ranging in expertise from beginner to expert.
- Hold monthly meetings during which computer-related subjects are presented and discussed, and help is given when requested. On occasion industry experts are invited to make presentations on their products.
- Conduct a Question and Answer session at each monthly meeting during which the attending members tell of their experiences, both good and bad and, usually, come away with an explanation or answer to their
- Maintain a telephone/e-mail Help Line, in which members volunteer to answer questions relating to their specific area of expertise.
- Prepare and offer, for a nominal fee, at least one library Disk of the Month containing useful software for the benefit of our members.